Our storage facility has restrictions as to what you can and cannot store in your unit. This is for the protection for you and your belongings, as well as our staff, other customers and their goods.
You will be required to sign a lease that you understand this policy and that you agree to the rules and restrictions. In general, here is a list of prohibited items:
- Combustible, flammable, hazardous or toxic materials. Considered "inherently dangerous," these include gasoline, compressed gas, propane tanks, kerosene, lamp and motor oil, acid, grease, corrosives, fertilizer, paint, cleaners, chemicals, narcotics, or hazardous, toxic or biological waste. Asbestos or products containing asbestos are not allowed. You also cannot store fireworks, explosives, weapons or ammunition.
- Tires and vehicles. No more than 4 tires allowed to be stored and all vehicles/RV's/campers/trailers/motorcycles must be registered, insured and in operational condition.
- Radioactive equipment or supplies. If you are pharmaceutical rep it is a great option to store your supplies but keep in mind what is allowed and not allowed.
- Perishable food products such as cereal, produce or meats. These will attract pests and can be harmful to you and other customers.
- Any plants or animals, alive or dead.
- No one is allowed to plug in any type of appliance - such as refrigerators, space heaters, freezers, generators or anything that would accommodate living in the unit.
- Construction equipment. Some equipment may not be allowed to store in the unit. Check with the facility manager prior to storing anything that you may use on a construction site.
In general, if you are unsure about what you can store we are here to help! Call us using the number above to ask questions about how we may be of service.